Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jimmy Fallon Christianity

I am a relatively new Jimmy Fallon fan.  The first thing I recall seeing from his show was a clip of him, The Roots (the show's house band) and The Sesame Street gang singing the the Sesame Street theme song in the green room on toy instruments.  I thought it was absolutely fantastic!


I found him to be infectious! I searched for more clips, started watching episodes on Hulu and following him on Twitter.  I couldn't explain it at first.  I don't know that I have ever been as captivated by a television personality as I am by him.

I appreciate the way he, even after all the guests he's had on, still gets awestruck by them.  I admire how passionate he is about comedy.  He allows himself to crack up and double over in laughter.  He still pays homage to the past, but pushes on into the future.  (See Ragtime Gals.)  He comes across as humble as anyone I have ever seen in show business, but he still has the confidence to give some of the best monologues in the industry.  

These are all characteristics I want as a Christian.  I don't get to meet a lot of celebrities, but I want to be moved by the everyday creations of Father.  I want to be passionate about Him and His people, and I want that passion to be visible. I want to remember what He's done for me, but I want to live for what He WILL do in me.  I want to lose my sense of self, but remember that I am an heir to the throne and can go boldly where He sends me.  I want a Christianity so contagious, people are eager to find out more about it and want what I have! 

So to that extent, before I change my mind and rethink everything I just wrote, I'm hitting publish.  What did I miss?  What did I get wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment